Green Strength’s mission is to build strength, enhance performance, uplift-consciousness, and tune-in, both mind and body. We believe in eating real food, practicing primal strength training, and playing with mindful movement. The Green Strength community led by Lucius Tirey IV is about going back to the basics so you can move forward – in strength, movement, freedom, and life.
Green Strength was founded by Lucius C. Tirey IV in 2013
GreenStrength founder Lucius Tirey IV has over 15 years of experience in strength, movement, and nutrition. His holistic approach and fitness philosophies drive the GreenStrength community – from group workouts in the gym to weekend hikes out in nature.
Luke coaches world class athletes including Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu black belt world champion Rafael Lovato Jr., but what really fuels the work he does is training everyday busy professionals, working moms, and anyone who is committed to living longer, healthier, and stronger lives.
Luke’s experience and expertise includes:
– functional movement
– kettlebells, barbells, club training
– body transformation
Luke’s awards and certifications include:
• Chicago Marathon and Turkey Mountain 50mile Trail Run
• In Houston March 2013, at the very first SFG1 (Strong First Level 1), Lucius “tamed the beast” (48kg, 106lb kettlebell) to become one of few “Beast Tamers” at 193lbs bodyweight
• Top powerlifting stats in the 181lb weight class were: 475lb squat, 315lb bench press, and a 575lb deadlift
• Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu Journey Under Professor Rafael Lovato Jr.
• Strong First Kettlebell Instructor
• Lovato BJJ Conditioning Coach
• Biosignature Modulation Practitioner via Charles Poliquin
• Training for Warriors Level 1 via Martin Rooney
• NSCA-CPT, ACSM-CPT, Cooper Institute CPT
• Chris and Ann Fredricks Stretch to Win
• Westside Special Strengths Coach
• Gym Jones Level 3
“After years of experimentation, I began eliminating non-efficient methods and practices that have plagued our kind all over the world from reaching their true, full potential, honing in on what actually makes us stronger, healthier and happier. Supplements, splits, programs, diets, and exercise progressions out there generally miss the mark, and destroy the art of achieving TRUE HEALTH.
Longevity is key for any human to achieve optimal strength and health. We have no time for setbacks, injuries, or exercises we are not physically prepared to do. HEALTH and STRENGTH both mentally and physically are what we are after. Green Strength principles are based on proper progression of human movement, intensity, frequency; the whole sha-bang! We start at your current level of fitness, training each client based on individual needs and goals…Green Strength is for everyone, and we know no two people are the same. You should be treated as such.
Invest in yourself by joining the Green Strength movement and help rebuild our kind while we continue to reestablish what it means to move – think – perform – AND LIVE!”
-Lucius C. Tirey IV